COTTON ON TO Ltd is a small but established publisher of online learning materials (About Us). To date, we have published solely English language learning resources for self-study and classroom use. Older publications included “Cotton on to Phrasal Verbs” and “Cotton on to English Idioms”. In recent years our focus has been specifically on the IELTS market, providing both preparation and practice materials from the website ielts-higher.com.
We are now at the initial stages of an ambitious expansion plan. This year we intend to launch at least 4 new products and to make some improvements to our current range. To achieve these goals we are looking to work with several Materials Writers.
The work involves writing content which engages the learner, deepens their understanding and motivates them to continue. Consequently, we are very interested in hearing from people who can bring the following:
– love to write, or have a strong desire to write, learning materials
– are comfortable writing both light-weight academic and non-academic texts
– are comfortable writing short simulations and role plays
– can easily level-down a text while retaining its authenticity
– are able to meet deadlines
– take a pride in their work
Desirable but not essential:
– are skilled in using different question types (e.g. multiple choice, gap-fills etc.) effectively
– can write engaging pre-listening and pre-reading activities
– can write listening and reading activities with the appropriate level of challenge
– can write post-listening and post-reading activities which enhance learning
Of interest but not essential:
– previous experience of writing learning materials
– experience/qualifications in English language learning and teaching
– knowledge/experience of English language tests
– an interest in life skills e.g. time management, basic project management, problem solving etc.
– an interest in researching life skills topics
The work involves working closely with our Co-Director Robert Lightburn who is currently based in central Osaka, Japan. We may consider working with people online in the mid to long term but initially would prefer to work with people locally, face to face.
Full details of the package we offer will be discussed at the interview stage but we feel some of the benefits of working with us include:
– contributing to the production of educational materials
– playing a key role in how effectively and efficently people learn
– opportunity to grow as part of an innovative team
– flexible timetable
– work from anywhere
– possibility of a full-time position and advancement within the company
– possibility of profit sharing scheme
If you’re interested in working with us as a Materials Writer and you meet the essential requirements listed above, simply write to us at email@example.com, with the subject line: ‘FAO Robert Lightburn’. Please note that any personal information you send to us will not be shared with any third party.
Many thanks for your interest.